Homestar Runner Strategy Guide/Minigames/Stickly Man Fight Zone
Description[edit | edit source]
After completing the Xiao Xiao quest, you gain control of Stickly Man's stick fighters. You can make them do anything, but the most fun thing is to make them fight each other! You choose your colored stick figure and you control the action!
How To Play[edit | edit source]
Start at the Stickly House. Go back into the chamber where you fought Stickly Man and talk to one of the stick figures. Choose FIGHT, and you can pick your color! You can punch, kick, jump, use items, and do special moves according to what your color is. You can pick up various items that pop up, and you can fight all the way through the dungeon. Each section of the dungeon has a boss, and the Guide will cover it. These are the items that pop up:
- Cutlass (Improves attack range and power)
- Shock Laser (Shoots a homing black laser)
- Laser Trap (Drops a target for enemies to step on, then being VOIP'd!)
- Shovel (Improves attack range drastically)
- Health (Heals 25% of health)
- Sonar Gun (Shoots a sonar wave forward, knocks enemies 10 blocks away))
- Sheild (Blocks projectile attacks when not attacking)
- SBML (A submarine, use it for the water chamber to live)
- Dynamite (Use this to blow up platforms)
- Spear Gun (An extremely powerful projectile weapon, drains your health)
- Vampire Knuckle (Use this to recover your own health while attacking physically, you can throw it to drain all enemies behind your targets' health)
- Pipe (The best tricks in the game can be used with this. This can be used for pole vaulting)
Sticks[edit | edit source]
Black Stick[edit | edit source]
- Health: 100%
- Strength: 5
- Defense: 7
- Range: 1 square
- Special Item: Fireball
- Fires a quick ball of blue fire that travels across the screen. Useless in water.
Blue Stick[edit | edit source]
- Health: 120%
- Strength: 3
- Defense: 4
- Range: 3 squares
- Special Item: Summon Bit
- Locks on to the enemy with the most health and three sticks fly at him and damage him.
Red Stick[edit | edit source]
- Health: 80%
- Strength: 8
- Defense: 5
- Range: 2 squares
- Special Item: Reversal
- Switches stats with the closest enemy.
Green Stick[edit | edit source]
- Health: 70%
- Strength: 3
- Defense: 3
- Range: 1 square
- Special Item: Samurai Makeover
- Increases all of his stats by 5 and increases maximum health to 140%.
Marine (LOCKED)[edit | edit source]
- Health: 100%
- Strength: 5
- Defense: 7
- Range: 4 squares
- Special Item: Seal
- Does certain things in certain areas!
(MARINE CAN GO INTO WATER AND LIVE)
Guide[edit | edit source]
The AI in this game are very smart, so you need to be very good to beat them. Here's a guide for the whole dungeon:
Stickly Man's Chamber[edit | edit source]
- This has four platforms, and a small rock platform in the side. If someone blows up the platforms, just go into the rock platform and fight for it. You can knock opponents into the water if you are on the inside, just use a Shock Laser or a Sonar Gun to knock them back the farthest. Just make sure they don't have a SBML!
- Boss: Devil Head (looks like a red version of this)
- It enters the battle by crashing up through the ground, destroying the lower two platforms. It's cylinders can open to reveal round bombs and it can fire a laser that sweeps from side to side, so take care to dodge. To harm him, attack the red triangle on his head with a shovel or a laser trap. After you defeat him, an arrow will point to a small rock platform. Devil Head will rise up again! It will constantly charge at you, but this time you can jump on its missles it now fires without being hurt. Jump on the lower one, then the upper one, and keep jumping to the upper missles until you are in front of his eyes. Then, attack the eyes with physical attacks. Items will bounce off.
Water Chamber[edit | edit source]
- There are two platforms above the ground water. If you don't have a SBML by the time you get to here, you're toast, because the platforms are very thin and opponents knock you off very often. If you are stuck or your SBML explodes, use the Spear Gun to knock all enemies off the platforms, or maybe you can launch Dynamite from the SBML to blow them up. You can still fire harpoons from your SBML, remember that!
- Boss: Marine/Gunner Stick
- He has no need for a SBML, but you do. If you have one, great! If not, stay on the platforms and drop Laser Traps to the bottom. He will eventually fall on them and most of his health will be drained. Alternately you can use Shock Lasers, but they usually miss due to his speed. If you have a SBML, attack him with harpoons when he jumps above you. You can knock him out of his charge attack by firing a harpoon at him, but the SBML's sluggish propellor will make his lightning laser attack hard to dodge. When you see him jump to the bottom and flash, get directly above him! Everything else will get hit by his plasma wall.
Rock Tunnel[edit | edit source]
_ |G| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |S|
This is it: the best sudden death round, ever! This is a long vertical shaft with small platforms, with ground water slowly rising up. If your SBML hasn't exploded, jump on the platforms and attack with a Sonar Gun while getting as high as possible. That's all there is to it.
- Boss: Robo-Turtle (looks like the giant turtle in this picture)
- Dodge its shots by repeatedly jumping when it starts shooting fire. It's great at long-range combat, and it will shield all of your projectile attacks by retracting into its shell. Use Laser Traps and don't step on them, or use a Shovel or Cutlass. Be aware that the water is still rising! If you have a SBML, you can simply wait until it reaches the top of the screen and the Robo-Turtle explodes.
Ground Level[edit | edit source]
This area has one long platform at the bottom, two smaller platforms above it, and another large one at the top.The AI is top-notch, and you will be attacked by tons of lasers. They also use Summon Bit a lot, so be careful of the moving crosshairs! Spear Guns can defeat these enemies, and Dynamite can be helpful if you have some Sonar Guns.
- Boss: Gigantor
- Gigantor will immidiately change the stage completely, adding spikes to the wall and only having one long platform on the bottom, and a cool spacey background. He will start as a giant, ugly, robot rooted into the ground. He will begin the fight by blowing air forward, pushing you into the spikes. Just run until he starts conjuring plasma platforms. Jump onto them and make sure you don't get plastered into the spikes! You can attack him with physical attacks if you can climb the maze of plasma platforms fast enough. Once you get rid of half of his health, the ceiling will explode and Gigantor's body will explode, leaving his giant, floating head. Dodge his attacks by jumping off the walls, and if he opens his mouth, GET A SHIELD. He will attack with a powerful energy wave, and there is no way to dodge it except blocking it with a shield! Just attack him right afterward, and lie some Laser Traps around. If you're lucky, he will explode and unlock Marine!
Items Gained[edit | edit source]