Homestar Runner Strategy Guide/Leveling Up
Jump to navigation Jump to search
How to Level Up[edit | edit source]
- If this is the first RPG you've ever played, you'll wonder what this is. Well, you level up by collecting the EXP enemies drop when they die! When you get enough, you advance to the Level Up Screen (see below). After you choose what you want to upgrade, it starts over, except you have to collect 1.3 times the EXP you collected earlier to get to the next level!
The Level Up Screen[edit | edit source]
- If you have enough EXP to level up then at the end of the battle, when the profiles of all your characters are displayed, a message will say "LEVEL UP! next to the profile of your character. It will grow and turn into this screen:
Level: 1 >Level 2 Power: 1 >Power: 2 Mind: 1 >Mind: 2 Speed: 1 >Speed: 2 Other: 1 >Other: 2
- Of course, it doesn't always display these statistics, it depends on what you choose and what your current level is. You have a choice now to choose from several upgrades. Each one boosts several of your stats way up! Choose wisely, they can dramatically effect everything in the late game. Let's take a look:
Power[edit | edit source]
- This upgrade boosts your HP, Strength, and Defense. This is more effective for Fighters and less effective for both Mages.
Mind[edit | edit source]
- This upgrade boosts your MP, Attack, and Charm. This is more effective for Mages and less effective for Fighters.
Speed[edit | edit source]
- This upgrade boosts your Agility and Evasion, as well as making you jump higher.
Other[edit | edit source]
- This is neccessary for learning new special abilities and many other things, including Luck and Charm. It also has another effect at the end of the game.
Growth[edit | edit source]
- No matter what you choose for your upgrade, all of your stats are boosted slightly. These slight upgrades depend on your class, and sometimes, wearing a piece of armor can effect how much growth a certain stat gets.